I know sharing your struggles with someone can be difficult and scary. It takes courage to allow someone to join you in your healing journey. I have experience working in a variety of settings including private practice, community mental health, residential facilities. I have worked with individuals ages 4-87 from a variety of different cultural and religious backgrounds. Issues that I have gained more extensive experience with include: PTSD, Anxiety, Fear, Anger, Relationship Problems, Impulsiveness, Depression, Hopelessness, Grief, Loss, Self-esteem, Substance Abuse. In therapy, I use the approaches that I believe in. I use CBT in combination with a Humanistic approach to the therapy process. Working with adults, couples and families. I have worked successfully with clients to increase their own understanding of themselves and their life choices. What a person can expect to gain from working with me:
1. A better understanding of how he or she has become the person he/she is
2. The ability to face and cope with with the grief and loss inherent in divorce
3. An understanding of the role the individual plays in the person that he/she is.
4. The skills necessary for dealing with the pain that drives individuals to cut or self-harm.
5. The knowledge of ones own coping tools and a toolbox of skills to help manage stress.
· Trauma and PTSD
· Bipolar Disorder
· Relationship Issues
· Mood Disorders
Ethnicity: Black and African American and Native American
· Gay Allied
· Lesbian Allied
· Transgender Allied
Types of Therapy
· Family Systems